2014 Home Show Wrap-Up
Highlights from the 2014 Show:
Lego Building Challenge and Interactive Zone.
CWHBA proudly announces the winners of its 1st annual Children's LEGO Building Contest sponsored by 104.1 KXDD and 99.7 KHHK. "All of our contestants did a great job and really showed the judges their best," says Carly Faul, Executive Officer. "Congratulations to our winners!"
Contest winners for Age Group 5-8 for Saturday are: First Place, Riley Smith of Yakima; Second Place, Kenidee Holden of Yakima; Third Place, Logan Van Pelt of Yakima
Contest winners for Age Group 9-12 for Saturday are: First Place, Dominic Christensen of Yakima; Second Place, Alejandro Zack of Yakima; Third Place, Cameron Wertenberger, of Wapato.
Contest winners for Age Group 5-8 for Sunday are: First Place, Carson Van Eaton of Yakima; Second Place, Allysen Wick of Yakima; Third Place, August Ward of Ellensburg.
Contest winners for Age Group 9-12 for Sunday are: First Place, Mackenzie Helliker of Yakima; Second Place, Ivan Baumbach of Yakima; Third Place, Alixix Smiskin of Yakima.
The Lego Challenge and Building Zone was a great addition to the show. Here is what one parent had to say: "I just wanted to thank you for all of the work that you put into making the kid's Lego Challenge such a success. What a great way it was to make the kids feel like part of the show. My son won 3rd place in the 5-8 age group on Saturday and has not stopped talking about it since. We are very grateful for all of your efforts and appreciate all that you did for the kids. You really made the home show feel more like a family event this year, and we look forward to attending next year.
Thank you again, and have a great day".
Daniel Van Pelt, C.P.M.
Congratulations to our Design Challenge Finalists: 16 year-old, Deanna Montes De Oca of Yakima, Erica Penley of Richland, Kesha LaLone of Wapato, and Anais Saunders of Yakima. Show attendees voted for their favorite designer. The 2014 Design Challenge winner was Erica Penley of Richland.
Penley helped complete her winning room with the help of her contractor team from Apple Tree Construction.
Design Challenge was sponsored by:
Thank you to all of our contractor teams and suppliers for making the Design Challenge possible.
Our Contractor Teams:
- Mike Canonoge, AMC Construction, LLC
- Stan Hill, Apple Tree Construction
- Brice Baxter, Baxter Construction, LLC
- Dennis Brubaker, DEB Construction and Scott Gust, Gust Builders
- Cost Less Carpet: 210 N 5th Ave., Yakima, WA 98902 (509) 452-2610
- Fiddlesticks: 1601 Summitview Ave Yakima, WA 98902, (509) 452-7718
- Great Floors: 1508 E Nob Hill Blvd Yakima, WA 98901, (509) 575-1741
- Isaaks Home Furnishings: 1010 W Nob Hill Blvd Yakima, WA 98902 (509) 248-1620
- K&K Custom Furniture: 16 N 3rd St Yakima, WA 98901 (509) 248-5545
- Meredith Furniture: 2201 S 1st St Yakima, WA 98903 (509) 452-6221
- Sherwin Williams: 1230 S 1st St Yakima, WA 98901 (509) 457-5810
- Standard Paint & Flooring: 101 N 3rd Ave Yakima (509) 453-3171
- The Village Shoppe: 2402 Fruitvale Blvd. Yakima, (509)574-5281
Judges scored all of the show vendors and selected the top booths for the 2014 Show. The winners are:
- Best Overall Booth: Elegant Landscaping & Design, LLC
- Best Use of Product: Western Materials
- Best New Booth: Victory Organics
- Most Creative Booth: Baxter Construction, LLC
- Best Landscaping: All Seasons Contracting, Inc. and Elevation Contracting
Sip and Shop
Was a great addition to the show, Thank you to our Sip and Shop Sponsor:
Thank you to our Sponsored Locations:
- Bale Breaker Brewery, sponsored by: Western Materials
- Gilbert Cellars, sponsored by: Yakima Valley Partners, Habitat for Humanity
- Iron Horse Brewery, sponsored by: Bob Hall Dealerships
- Trevari Cellars, sponsored by: Helliesen Lumber Co
- Yakima Craft Brewing, sponsored by: Lexar Homes
- Tieton Cider Works, sponsored by: Great Floors
- Kana Winery, sponsored by: New York Life
Mike Fourtner, Deadliest Catch
Mike shared great stories for the audience with a great interactive dialogue answering all the questions from attendees.
Thank you to the Holiday Inn, for providing rooms for Mike Fourtner and Dan Paker.
Home Show was supported by:
Why Exhibit for 2015?
The Central Washington Home & Garden Show allows you to Reach a year's worth of customers in 3 days! The Home Show is the place for consumers to experience what's new in Home, Gardening, Remodeling, Home Décor and More! As an exhibiting company, you enjoy an ideal sales environment where homeowners can see, touch, compare and BUY your product or service.
Posted March 27, 2014