Active members subscribe to this Code of Ethics:
- Home ownership can and should be within the reach of every American family.
- American homes should be well-designed, well-constructed and well located in attractive communities with educational, recreational, religious and shopping facilities accessible to all.
- American homes should be built under the free enterprise system.
To achieve these goals, we pledge allegiance to the following principles and policies:
- Our paramount responsibility is to our customer, our community and our country.
- Honesty is our guiding business policy. High standards of health, safety and sanitation shall be built into every home.
- Members shall deal fairly with their respective employees, specialty contractors and suppliers
- As members of a progressive industry, we encourage research to develop new materials, new building techniques, new building equipment and improved methods of home financing, so that every home purchaser will get the greatest value possible for every dollar.
- All sound legislative proposals affecting our industry and the people we serve shall have our informed and vigorous support.
- We hold inviolate the free enterprise system and the American Way of Life. We pledge our support to our associates, our local, state, and national associations, and the related industries concerned with the preservation of legitimate rights and freedoms.
We assume these responsibilities freely and solemnly, mindful that they are part of our obligation as members of the Central Washington Home Builders Association.